For starters, I suggest you think of an integration platform as a menu, for instance, a Netflix menu or a platform that features all the content you wish to consume. Alternatively, you can access all your preferred content if you conduct your searches online, and the viewing experience will still be the same. However, finding that content may take a lot of time and patience. On the other hand, a menu offers the much-needed organization, convenience, and efficiency in accessing content.
In the business realm, digital integration platforms provide similar value. A digital integration platform is designed to centralize various types of integrations in one location to meet the needs of its users. In other words, it enables the whole to be better than the sum of its parts, giving IT teams the flexibility and freedom to deliver business value in a way that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
What exactly is a digital integration platform?
A digital integration platform provides your organization with the integration tools it needs to connect applications, data, and systems across its environment. It is an integration software that enables the users to accomplish the following:
- Create, secure and monitor integration workflows that link diverse applications, data stores, systems, and services.
- Allow rapid application programming interface (API) development and lifecycle management to ensure you achieve a wide range of hybrid integration requirements.
Features of a digital integration platform
Some of the features to consider when evaluating digital integration platforms include:
- Data and application integration- many companies face the challenge of siloed data in the process of digital transformation. A digital integration platform with the ability to copy and sync data across different applications can address data standards and formats issues, and automation can further streamline the process.
- API integrations- a good digital integration platform makes it possible to create, manage, secure, and share APIs across different environments quickly and efficiently.
- Messaging and event-driven architecture- standardizing and syncing data are necessary, but message queues and event-driven architecture make it possible to securely exchange that data across the organization’s ecosystem, whether cloud-based or onsite. That promotes engaging customer experiences and enables the company to address things in real-time.
- High-speed data transfer- sending, streaming, sharing, and syncing large files efficiently and at high speeds is pertinent to providing real-time responses to data modern organizations need.
The importance of digital integration platforms
In a highly competitive business world, organizations demand cost-effective solutions that accelerate data exchange, boost productivity, and the efficiency of workflows. A digital integration platform that connects cloud and onsite applications into a cohesive architecture of software and hardware provide the following perks:
- Streamlines business operations and workflows.
- Boosts the efficiency of data management.
- Improves customer engagement.
- Minimizes costs.
A complete digital integration platform has all the capabilities your organization needs in one platform and makes it easier to cover the gap in several integration styles.
A digital integration platform offers the much-needed integration tools to connect an organization’s systems, data, and applications across its environment to improve data management efficiency and streamline workflows.